Tuesday, June 7, 2011

You don't blog much, do you?


So here I am again. Seems that I went on a little hiatus from my blog there, but don't worry, you four or five poor bored souls who read my blog, I am still alive!

I know you probably expect some creative writing, but life has just gotten so interesting that I have to talk about it this time. I think my real life currently might be more interesting than anything creative I could come up with. At least to me.

Anyways, here's the update one me.

1. I still live in Idaho.

This is a constant source of shock to anyone who sees me on campus. Today after devotional I ran into three or four people who exclaimed "What are you doing here? I thought you graduated!"

I DID graduate.
Yes, I'm still here.
No, I guess I don't want to grow up.

To tell you the truth, though, the main reason I'm here is this:



2. My lovely girlfriend

Her name is Leisha Volmer. We've been dating for a little over 2 months now. We have a lot of fun together. She is really nice to me and goes out of her way to do things for me and I am so lucky to have her! I went away to Hawaii to visit my family and they thought I would stay there but she lured me back with her charm. You should meet her sometime. She's super cool.

Here's us after a particularly chilly mud fight at Lake Roosevelt in Washington. Oh yeah.





2. I have the coolest apartment ever.

I live in The Village now in Rexburg. It's community housing, and it's completely unfurnished. Consequently, I sleep on the floor on a mattress pad which Leisha kindly lent to me. I'm not sad that I don't have a bed. I like my mattress pad. It's comfortable.



I have a roommate, Daniel, who splits rent with me, and he has a dog named Rash. The dog is very peppy and kind of acts like a 2-year-old child on crack. He's fun to have around.

Anyways, I have a washing machine and dryer in my apartment, which I love. I have my own room, which i love. My roommate is very nice and we get along well. He has a couch and a TV and nice pictures up, and he lets me use his wireless, and he is clean. I really enjoy being in the apartment. It's just clean and nice and feels good.

3. Work.

I worked 2 weeks for A Spiderman Pest Control, but it was a fiasco. I guess I'm not cut out for that kind of work, the manual labor stuff.

Now I'm working at Melaleuca. It was a miracle really that I obtained that job... My roommate works there and he gave me the idea. Everything else fell into place within a week of quitting the aforementioned job. I am grateful to God for giving me this blessing and to Jack and Cesar and Daniel for their help and to Leisha for hers. So I'm looking forward to starting work June 13th and I think I will enjoy this job much more than the last one.

That's the main update on my life. In case you were wondering.

Until next time,

Matt

No comments:

Post a Comment