Sunday, December 20, 2009

It's been a while

The last week of school was pretty enjoyable. Monday's ward talent show was definitely a special treat. Jogal and his roommates did the "All the Single Ladies Dance," and I think that was one of the best moments of my life. I've seen the recording but it's so much better live. Will sang "We're so Far Away" by Mae and Erika played the piano. They were amazing and I got chills. I played guitar and sang "Crush'd" by Say Anything.

The rest of the week was mostly writing essays.

This weekend I went to my last companion from my mission's wedding. Chris Perkins, another mission friend, and I drove down to Salt Lake on Thursday night for the wedding. Corey and his wife are really cute together. We saw them get sealed for time and all eternity in the Salt Lake Temple, after freaking out and thinking we would be late. We got there late, but so did they, so we didn't miss it. It was a Christmas miracle. We stayed at the temple until noon, then we went to a luncheon for them, spent time with them at her grandparent's house, and helped decorate their reception a little bit. It was fun. At 11:00 I got on a plane and flew to New York. My flight to D.C. was cancelled because of a huge snow storm, so in New York I took a taxi to Penn Station. The taxi driver was nice and he pointed out Madison Square Gardens and Macey's and some other cool things in NYC. I jumped on a train from there and got to D.C. around noon Saturday, and my dad picked me up. It was snowing like crazy and continued to snow all day. I was supposed to go on a double date with Nate Eaton in D.C. and see Jenny Oaks Baker play the violin, but everything was cancelled because of the blizzard. That's OK. Church was canceled today but the bishop authorized us to perform the sacrament in our own homes. I think that's cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment