Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Temple trip

Yesterday I drove to the temple in Washington D.C. It took about an hour and a half to get there because I missed the highway entrance I needed. I went to Washington D.C., but the temple is actually in Kensington, Maryland, not in D.C., so that didn't do me much good.

When I got to the temple I was impressed again by how beautiful it is, inside and out. Once inside, I felt like I was home... Which is weird, because Fairfax, Virginia is technically my "home." But being inside the temple felt more familiar to me and more like home than my parents' home in Fairfax. Part of that is because I work in the temple every Saturday in Rexburg for 6 hours, so it has a certain familiarity to it. But just the feeling inside the temple, the peace and serenity, made me feel like I was somewhere comfortable where I belonged. I love going to the temple.

After spending a while in the temple it was time to go back outside and face the real world. I was pleasantly surprised to see that the Festival of Lights was still going on at the temple visitor's center. The trees were laced with bright blue and green and purple and red lights, and it looks kind of like Candy Land would look like if it really existed.

Driving home in Virginia/Maryland/D.C. traffic was hectic and chaotic, and made me want to pull all my hair out. But at last I got home and could spend some time with my mom and baby brother. My dad and other two brothers are in Florida at a soccer tournament.








1 comment:

  1. I love that temple, it is gorgeous!!! It is probably in my top 3 of favorite temples!! Sounds like you had a great day!!

    ReplyDelete